Monday, March 8, 2010

python psycopg2 in imac

I been banging my head making psycopg2 running on this imac with this error trying importing the module:

Symbol not found: _PQbackendPID

after googling around (almost 1 hour exactly), one important thing is about the multi architecture python supported, for this reason u need to specified for python u r using 32 bit with following command:

defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Prefer-32-Bit -bool yes

Build and install your psycopg2 again . And voila, everything works.

Mac OS X if very yummy, but coming from linux/ubuntu world where packages are easily available and almost up to date, this is a little frustration for me.

Oh well, I already fell in love with iMac (been using it for 3 days already :P ), this will be just like the old days for me with linux, where you must do things your self, compile, problem and trouble shoot your self. Things like this will make you bolder.... i mean wiser.

Regards.
- Mac g33k

No comments: